In conjunction with Battelle for Kids, build a highly recognized and regarded national HC certification program geared toward individuals who practice and lead people-related work in PK–12 education. This certification would demonstrate that individuals have a:
- High level of knowledge and skill in HR, specifically in PK–12 education
- Mastery of essential HR practices as they pertain to PK–12 education
- Commitment to professional standards
- Dedication to continued mastery of knowledge and skill through recertification
Human Capital Leaders in Education Standards
- The HC Leaders in Education Standards were designed specifically for PK‒12 education
- Focusing on four main sections: Strategic Staffing, Talent Management & Development, Culture & Total Rewards, and Performance Excellence
View a copy of the standards here.
Learning and Recertification Process
Learn: Professional development (64 hrs) based on the HCLE standards. Two learning options:
- Blended: in-person and online instruction = 3 days or 21 hrs in person, 43 hrs are online or working virtually with classmates
- Virtual Instructor: 64 hours online total = 16hrs are synchronous (scheduled and instructor led) 48 are asynchronous or working with classmates
Certify: Assessment test available – we are exploring an online option as well as a paper-based testing center option.
Recertify: Every three years, individuals will share how they have grown and contributed to the field to gain recertification. The advisory committee is working to outline the ‘rules’ for recertification.
Virtual Instructor Cohort
pHCLE: Assessment-based certification – Full Roll Out in 2017
- Target Audience: Current or aspiring District and Building Leaders, Career Changers, State DOE
- Participation Requirements: None
eHCLE: Culminating project-based certification – Pilot in 2017/2018
- Target Audience: Current or aspiring Executives – Superintendents; Assistant Superintendents; Chief HR, Staff, or Strategy; PR or Process Improvement Directors
- Participation Requirements: pHCLE and experience and/or education requirements (to be defined)
State Endorsements: Roll out in 2017
- State-led and managed program — go through Endorsement program “approval” process
- Programs would be marketed on HCLE website, badges available for HCLE certified individuals
Specialist Certificates: Roll out in 2017
- Allow for continued learning on relevant and timely topics
- Micro-credentialing/Digital Promise standards for learning and submission of evidence
Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CDT
In conjunction with Battelle for Kids, the American Association of School Personnel Administrators has been working to refine standards for Human Capital Leaders in Education (HCLE) as well a build a nationally recognized certification program. Come review the standards, hear about the states and organizations who have already piloted the professional development and learn about how you can become certified as a “Professional Human Capital Leader in Education (pHCLE).
Check back for updates on upcoming opportunities in your area.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.