In conjunction with Battelle for Kids, build a highly recognized and regarded national HC certification program geared toward individuals who practice and lead people-related work in PK–12 education. This certification would demonstrate that individuals have a:
- High level of knowledge and skill in HR, specifically in PK–12 education
- Mastery of essential HR practices as they pertain to PK–12 education
- Commitment to professional standards
- Dedication to continued mastery of knowledge and skill through recertification
Human Capital Leaders in Education Standards
- The HC Leaders in Education Standards were designed specifically for PK‒12 education
- Focusing on four main sections: Strategic Staffing, Talent Management & Development, Culture & Total Rewards, and Performance Excellence
View a copy of the standards here.
Learning and Recertification Process
Learn: Professional development (64 hrs) based on the HCLE standards. Two learning options:
- Blended: in-person and online instruction = 3 days or 21 hrs in person, 43 hrs are online or working virtually with classmates
- Virtual Instructor: 64 hours online total = 16hrs are synchronous (scheduled and instructor led) 48 are asynchronous or working with classmates
Certify: Assessment test available – we are exploring an online option as well as a paper-based testing center option.
Recertify: Every three years, individuals will share how they have grown and contributed to the field to gain recertification. The advisory committee is working to outline the ‘rules’ for recertification.
pHCLE: Assessment-based certification – Full Roll Out in 2017
- Target Audience: Current or aspiring District and Building Leaders, Career Changers, State DOE
- Participation Requirements: None
eHCLE: Culminating project-based certification – Pilot in 2017/2018
- Target Audience: Current or aspiring Executives – Superintendents; Assistant Superintendents; Chief HR, Staff, or Strategy; PR or Process Improvement Directors
- Participation Requirements: pHCLE and experience and/or education requirements (to be defined)
State Endorsements: Roll out in 2017
- State-led and managed program — go through Endorsement program “approval” process
- Programs would be marketed on HCLE website, badges available for HCLE certified individuals
Specialist Certificates: Roll out in 2017
- Allow for continued learning on relevant and timely topics
- Micro-credentialing/Digital Promise standards for learning and submission of evidence
Check back for updates on upcoming opportunities in your area.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.