Which Membership is for Me?
AASPA Membership — Which Type is Right for Me?
AASPA membership is for school personnel whose responsibilities include school and district personnel administration; for individuals whose assigned work includes personnel functions in other educational institutions; or individuals involved in teacher testing, placement, educational research, or the preparation of school personnel administrators.
· Active (Individual) Membership: Regular membership category for individuals in school personnel administration with full benefits, office holding and voting rights. Those eligible for Individual/Active membership are practicing public and private school administrators. ($195)
· Associate Membership: Membership for people actively working at an educational institution or enrolled in a graduate course of study in educational administration or human resource management. No voting or office holding rights but includes all benefits. Those eligible for associated membership are district professional staff, faculty members in post-secondary institutions, or employees in education-related agencies. ($125)
· Institutional Membership: Provides one primary and three associate memberships for one low cost. Office holding and voting rights are same as above. ($425)
· Institutional Associate Extra: Allows you to add additional Institutional Associates to your Institutional membership. No office holding or voting rights. ($75 each)
· Business Membership: Membership for businesses related to the school personnel industry. No office holding or voting rights. ($195)
· Retired Membership: Membership for those retired from school personnel. Must have been an AASPA member for one year prior to retirement. No office holding or voting rights. ($55)
· Graduate Student Membership: Graduate students pursuing an initial degree in the HR field may have AASPA’s valuable school HR resources available to them as they consider their career path in school leadership. To be eligible for student membership, individuals cannot be practicing public or private school administrators. ($30)
If you are still unsure of which category you fit into, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (913) 327-1222.